Probably you always thought buying baby products are simple as walking in store grabbing some and just pay and out. The problem starts with so many variables , cute and gorgeous outfits available these days. Myriad of designs and plethora of style of practical time savers or frustrating time fizzers for the parents. Here we have tried to compile this very informative article, designed to help the task make easier.
Baby Clothing – Size Guide
Baby products online Kids Toys Maternity Wear Baby Diapers My Blog Moms Blog Moms Blog DthDirect To Home
While we were busy putting information about thing required for baby clothing, we tried to gather all the necessary information straight from the experts- that include experience holders such as Mothers and fathers with pregnancy or recently born kids.
When putting this information together,
An approximate size guide is as follows:
0000 – Newborns under 4kg – birth to 3 months
000 – Babies under 6 kg – 3 months to 6 months
00 – Babies between 6 and 8 kgs – 6 months to 9 months
0 – Babies above 8 kgs – 9 months to 12 months
1 – Babies above 10kgs – 12 months
Remember that sizes are only guides here, Some babies might or might not fit into the 000’s. Manufacturers also have some variation while making standard sizes, there is no standard size which is followed by all the manufacturers rather than common understanding. That is the reason, when buying clothing go for good brands so in case in future you will have clear understanding wht you need for the baby and what sizes really fit the baby. If you are buying for other brands, you will have to take the chance atleast once, but nowadays most of the online retailers have try and buy concept which could really be helpful if you are buying online.
What Size Baby Clothes Should I Start With?
You wont probably need lot of baby outfits in the hospital, still carry few of them. Go for the combination of both 000 and 0000. How long it will take to fit in the larger size will depend on how quickly the baby grows, unless you have premature baby, few variations in the size are needed.
List of ‘Must Have’ Baby Clothes
Here is a suggested list of clothing and number of items that you may need from birth. Ideally organize a mixture of 0000 and 000 as you can’t be sure how big baby will be at birth!
• 10 singlet’s or singlet suits
• Approx 4 each of long sleeve and short sleeve bodysuits
• 4 pairs of pants
• 4 long sleeved tops/jumpers
• 2 nice, matching outfits for going out
• 2 jackets
• 4 other all in one outfits (cotton ones not terry towelling or flanellette)
• 2 cotton hats
• 1-2 pair mittens (if you think you’ll use them)
• Lots of socks – they always get lost!
• 2-3 sleeping outfits – you can just use all in ones / wondersuits for sleeping or sleeping bags.
Further Baby Clothing Tips from the forums
• Don’t be tempted to buy too much, especially with a 1st baby. People give you so much clothing and babies grow so fast, you literally cannot use it all!
• Accept hand-me downs – often they are the most practical and useful!
• For tiny babies, I found the plain, unfrilly Bonds growsuits to be unbeatable. Plain is good!
• Avoid anything with big collars, bows, buckles, anything that fastens up the back is a pain.
• Think about the climate your baby will be born into – what season? It may be that you really don’t need any singlets at all – or it may be that you really do need socks!